The Canadian Vocational Association was created in 1960 by federal charter as a non-profit organization to promote and foster education and training which leads to occupational competence.
It aims to provide:
- To provide active national leadership in all types of vocational / technological education and training.
- To assist provincial and local communities in promoting vocational education and training.
- To create a national and international forum for the study and discussion of vocational education and training.
- To encourage the promotion, development and improvement of all vocational programs within the context of lifelong learning.
- To promote the DACUM (Developing A CUrriculum Model), a methodology designed to facilitate the development of performance-based training / learning programs and activities.